LSG, an impact agency specializing in brand building, corporate reputation management, and public affairs, is seeking a public affairs professional with 1-3 years’ work experience to join our rapidly growing team in Washington, D.C. The Associate candidate should be a highly-motivated, exceptionally hard-working individual with an interest in state and federal public policy and a laser focus on attention-to-detail. They must be a team player and possess strong written and verbal communications skills as well as interpersonal, research, and project management skills.
This position will be part of an interactive group known as the ‘Bullpen’ that plays a critical role in supporting client account teams to deliver the highest-quality strategic communications and advocacy services. The Associate position is full-time with benefits and presents unique advancement opportunities for those seeking to excel and grow in a fast-paced environment.
This role is based in Washington, DC.
- Learn and understand complex public policy and business issues for new, current, and potential clients, particularly at the federal and state levels
- Support client accounts by drafting and developing unique and original press releases, issue briefs, letters, action alerts, and other written collateral; attending meetings; conducting research; tracking action items; and managing and developing media contacts
- Write, edit, and proofread client-facing materials to ensure consistency, 100% accuracy (i.e. no typos, statements verified by data/research, etc.), and quality
- Assist with client reporting, including the management of weekly reports, updates, and post-research materials
- Create social media content and utilize digital tools and tracking platforms
- Draft media and social media plans, helping to craft messaging and communications strategies
- Closely manage progress-to-goal on client accounts to ensure target objectives are on-track to be met and to identify areas of weakness/underperformance
- Participate in the new business process, including research and proposal drafting
- Prepare daily media clips
- Meet client and internal team deadlines
- Staff high-profile client events that sometimes require travel
- Maintain and organize LSG’s growing network of advocacy teams in all 50 states
- A degree in Communications, Public Relations, Political Science, Journalism, or a related field from an accredited institution
- 1-3 years work experience; public affairs, communications, government, advocacy or political internship or job experience preferred
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including attention to grammatical detail, clarity, speed, and accuracy, as well as the creative ability to draft and develop fresh, original content
- Ability to adapt communications styles to cultural environments and incorporate the perspectives of multiple communities in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of policy proposals
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Team player, willingness to take the initiative when needed, and works well independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects while simultaneously meeting deadlines
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
- A basic understanding of media and social media monitoring tools, i.e. Critical Mention, Meltwater, Brandwatch Etc., is preferred
LSG is committed to attracting and hiring a diverse staff, one that honors employees’ experience, perspectives, and unique identity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “associate” in the subject line of your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!