LSG, an impact agency specializing in brand building, corporate reputation management, and public affairs, is seeking a communications and public affairs professional with 5-7 years of work experience to join our rapidly growing team.
Candidates must be ready to support LSG’s range of services, including specialties in issue advocacy, messaging and insights, strategic communications, media relations, community engagement, and voter/consumer/constituent activation. Candidates must also possess exceptional writing and management skills and enjoy a fast-paced, interactive office environment.
The Director position will help oversee the day-to-day function of LSG’s war-room operation, an interactive group of Associates known as the ‘Bullpen.’ The Bullpen plays a critical role in supporting all LSG client accounts with the highest-quality strategic communications and advocacy services. This position will report to and work closely alongside the Principal who oversees LSG’s Bullpen.
This role is based at the company’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Work alongside Principal overseeing department to lead and manage the internal team of 6-10 associates responsible for high-quality client and internal deliverables.
- Learn and understand complex public policy, business issues, and corporate reputation and growth matters for new, current, and potential clients to ensure content is digestible and client-ready; work with account managers and Principal to clearly establish deadlines and expectations.
- Closely oversee the Bullpen’s content development, managing and editing communications materials with a strong focus on written content. This may include press releases, advisories, op-eds, LTEs, media materials, one-pagers, letters, action alerts, social media, and other written collateral, ensuring quality and timeliness. Written content generated by LSG’s Bullpen will also include important internal and business development products, such as proposals, issue briefs, background memos, research, and more.
- Recruit, screen, and retain qualified associate candidates and help onboard new hires, teaching them about LSG clients, responsibilities, and expectations.
- Coach and mentor associates to maintain and grow department performance, ensuring growth and professional development through the identification of internal and external trainings, scheduled staff check ins, and consistent feedback.
- Hold regular team check-ins to ensure deliverables are being met, associates have a proper workload, the staff is being productive, they are receiving real-time feedback, etc.
- Support LSG client accounts as needed.
- 5-7 years of work experience in public affairs, communications, government, advocacy, or campaigns; management experience required.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, interpersonal, coaching, conflict resolution/problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with experience delivering feedback to drive strong work product.
- Team player willing to take the initiative when needed and works well independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt communications styles to cultural environments and incorporate the perspectives of multiple communities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs.
- A basic understanding of media and social media monitoring tools, i.e. Critical Mention, Meltwater, Brandwatch etc.
- B.A. in Communications, Public Relations, Political Science, Journalism, or a related field from an accredited institution
LSG is committed to attracting and hiring a diverse staff, one that honors employees’ experiences, perspectives, and unique identities. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to LSGJobs@Locuststreet.com. Please include “Director” in the subject line of your email. For more information on LSG, visit www.locuststreet.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
We work with corporations, trade associations, and nonprofits to change hearts and minds, move public opinion, and help brands connect to the public conscience in a rapidly changing environment. Our experts in brand building, corporate reputation management, and public affairs help solve the most complex communications challenges. With practices in strategic insights, stakeholder engagement, public relations, and community marketing, we are leaders in engaging diverse audiences in the U.S. and around the world to drive results and deliver impact. Founded in 2008, LSG is headquartered in Washington, DC and has offices in Boston, Denver, Houston, and New York.