Director, Content and Personnel Development
A great opportunity for a people-manager who thrives on building dynamic teams, working on issues that are front page news, and partnering with clients to deliver results that lead to change.
LSG is seeking a communications and public affairs professional with 5-7 years work experience to join our impact agency offering services including brand building, corporate reputation management, and public affairs. The director position will oversee the day-to-day function of LSG’s war-room operation, an interactive group of associates known as the ‘Bullpen.’ The Bullpen plays a critical role in supporting all LSG client accounts with the highest-quality strategic communications and advocacy services.
This role is based at the company’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Work alongside experienced Principal to lead and manage team of 8-10 associates responsible for high-quality client and internal deliverables, including op-eds, proposals, issue briefs, social media, memos, press releases and advisories, research, and more.
- Recruit, screen, and retain qualified associate candidates.
- Help onboard new hires, introducing them to the culture of the firm, teaching them about LSG clients, responsibilities, and expectations.
- Closely oversee content development, reviewing and copy-editing associate work to ensure deliverables are timely, consistent, 100% accurate, and client-ready.
- Work with account managers and Principals to ensure associates are meeting deadlines and expectations and developing new opportunities for associates to support LSG’s work.
- Coach and mentor associates to maintain and grow department performance, ensuring growth and professional development through internal and external trainings, scheduled staff check ins, and consistent feedback.
- Hold regular team check-ins to ensure deliverables are being met, associates have a proper workload, the staff is being productive, they are receiving real-time feedback, etc.
- Support client accounts as needed by managing and developing communications materials, including press releases, op-eds, LTEs, media materials, one-pagers, letters, action alerts, strategy memos, and other written collateral, ensuring quality and timeliness.
- 5-7 years work experience in public affairs, communications, government, advocacy, ballot measures or political campaigns or related services; management experience preferred.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, interpersonal, coaching and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with experience delivering feedback to drive superior work product.
- Willingness to take the initiative when needed, work as a team player, and performs well independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
- A basic understanding of media and social media monitoring tools, i.e., Critical Mention, Meltwater, Brandwatch etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
LSG is committed to attracting and hiring a diverse staff, one that honors employees’ experiences, perspectives, and unique identities. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to LSGJobs@Locuststreet.com. Please include “Director, Content and Personnel Development” in the subject line of your email. For more information on LSG, visit www.locuststreet.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
We work with corporations, trade associations, and nonprofits to change hearts and minds, move public opinion, and help brands connect to the public conscience in a rapidly changing environment. Our experts in brand building, corporate reputation management, and public affairs help solve the most complex communications challenges. With practices in strategic insights, stakeholder engagement, public relations, and community marketing, we are leaders in engaging diverse audiences in the U.S. and around the world to drive results and deliver impact. Founded in 2008, LSG is headquartered in Washington, DC and has offices in Boston, Denver, Houston, and New York.