LSG is seeking a Director to join our rapidly growing Communications team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills. S/he will have previous public affairs, project management and strategic communications experience.
LSG provides an energetic, fast-paced work environment, and the Director will interact daily with senior staff, clients and media. Successful candidates will be ambitious, poised, a team player, and possess excellent project management skills. S/he will be a fast learner, clear communicator and demonstrate excellent judgment working with teams, partners, and clients.
This position will be responsible for leading and executing communications campaigns for various client account teams. The Director position is full-time with benefits and presents unique mentorship and advancement opportunities for those seeking to excel and grow in a fast-paced environment.
This role is based in Washington, DC.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of communications programs and content planning.
- Assist in the day-to-day management and execution of client programs and relationships, including communications, media, events, and issues strategy.
- Develop client proposals and media materials in collaboration with client leads, including plans, presentations, reports, communications documents.
- Develop and write high-quality internal and external content including communications plans, internal memos, talking points, and media materials (such as releases, pitches, opeds, backgrounders), as well as writing for social media and blogs.
- Develop and support the execution of earned media strategies, including content development, pitching and placing stories across a variety of media.
- Digital and social planning: work with digital media, plan, develop, and track social content and integrated communications programs.
- Direct events and public affairs campaign strategies targeting broad audiences including government, consumer, industry and employee audiences.
- Manage client reporting, including the management of weekly reports and updates.
- Build relationships and position firm as a strategic partner with clients, colleagues and relevant external audiences.
- Assist with development of new business proposals and presentations.
- Represent LSG at external events and receptions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years related professional experience
- Agency, Campaign, or Hill experience
- Previous experience in communications and/or public affairs
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including attention to grammatical detail, clarity, speed, and accuracy, as well as creative abilities to draft and develop fresh, original content
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Exceptional project management capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Proactive nature with ability to recommend, initiate, and complete projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in team environment, and calm under pressure.
- Experience executing crisis communications and reputation management programs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while simultaneously meeting deadlines
- Substantial understanding of media and social media monitoring tools
- Willingness to travel when needed
LSG is committed to attracting and hiring a diverse staff, one that honors employees’ experience, perspectives, and unique identity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Director, Communications” as subject line.
We work with corporations, trade associations, and nonprofits to change hearts and minds, move public opinion, and help brands connect to the public conscience in a rapidly changing environment. Our experts in brand building, corporate reputation management, and public affairs help solve the most complex communications challenges. With practices in strategic insights, stakeholder engagement, public relations, and community marketing, we are leaders in engaging diverse audiences in the U.S. and around the world to drive results and deliver impact. Founded in 2008, LSG is headquartered in Washington, DC and has offices in Boston, Denver, Houston, and New York.
Learn more at LocustStreet.com.