LSG, an impact agency specializing in brand building, corporate reputation management, and public affairs, is seeking a highly-motivated individual looking to gain experience in communications, public affairs, advocacy, or other related fields through a paid internship. They should be a team player and possess exceptionally strong written and verbal communications, research, and critical thinking skills. This position will be based in our Washington, D.C. office, where the candidate will work closely with client account teams to deliver the highest-quality communications and grassroots/grasstops advocacy services.
LSG’s internship program offers recent graduates and students up to 30 hours a week of hands-on experience working at the nexus of public policy, communications, and advocacy. Interns will have the opportunity to work with all levels of the organization on a variety of projects for clients representing a diversity of industries.
- Learning and understanding complex public policy issues for new, current, and potential clients, particularly at the federal and state levels
- Writing client-facing materials, including press releases, letters, issue backgrounders/one-pagers, action alerts, social media, etc.
- Editing written materials for 100% accuracy (i.e. no typos, statements verified by data/research, etc.)
- Reading and identifying media clips from clipping services and online resources and compiling coverage
- Monitoring client coverage to help identify trends both in the media and online
- Creating, organizing, and maintaining media lists
- Staffing or preparing for meetings, Congressional hearings, issue briefings, conference calls, focus groups, as well as events managed by LSG as needed
- Conducting research for client projects and new business opportunities
- College junior or senior or recent graduate with an interest in public policy, public affairs/relations, advocacy, communications, or another related field
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Academic or professional recommendations
- Ability to multitask and work across a variety of client accounts
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in an efficient manner
- A basic understanding of—or willingness to learn—media and social media monitoring tools, i.e. Cision, Meltwater, Critical Mention, Hootsuite, etc.
LSG is committed to attracting and hiring a diverse staff, one that honors employees’ experience, perspectives, and unique identity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “intern” in the subject line of your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!