Manager, Digital Communications and Graphic Design
LSG is seeking an experienced public affairs professional to join our rapidly growing communications team in Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate should have prior communications, political campaign, or agency experience at a public relations firm and possess strong graphic design and digital media skills. The candidate must be a team player and possess strong written and verbal communications skills as well as interpersonal, research, and project management skills.
This position will be responsible for leading the design and execution of digital communications campaigns for various client account teams across the firm as well as support traditional communications campaigns. The Manager position is full-time with benefits and presents unique mentorship and training opportunities for those seeking to excel and grow in a fast-paced environment.
This role is based in Washington, DC.
- Support client accounts by drafting and developing unique and original press releases, social media posts, opinion pieces, issue briefs, talking points, letters, action alerts, and other written collateral; attending meetings; conducting research; tracking action items; and managing and developing media contacts
- Manage creative projects, providing art direction and working in partnership with account managers and internal marketing team to bring visions and projects to life
- Design compelling, high-quality digital and print collateral, including presentations, newsletter templates, one-pagers, social media posts, charts and graphics, infographics, and more as needed
- Work with outside design partners to provide counsel and direction on behalf of project teams
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of design trends
- Draft strategic communications plans, helping to craft messaging and strategies and outline client deliverables
- Design and manage engaging and impactful social media plans and content across digital channels, ensuring plans are fully integrated into the communications strategy and goals.
- Pitch and work with reporters to ensure positive, strategic media coverage for clients, managing and organizing relationships and lists.
- Write, edit, and proofread client-facing materials to ensure consistency, 100% accuracy, and quality
- Assist with client reporting, including the management of weekly reports, updates, and post-research materials
- Develop regular reports to track key metrics across digital platforms and identify creative solutions and adjustments to meet client objectives.
- Closely manage progress-to-goal on client accounts to ensure target objectives are on-track to be met and to identify areas of weakness/underperformance
- Participate in the new business process, including research, proposal drafting, and pitching
- Staff client events that sometimes require travel, providing logistical and on-the-ground support.
- B.A. in Graphic Design, Art, Communications, Journalism, or a related field from an accredited institution
- 3-5 years work experience; graphic design, marketing, communications, or political internship or job experience preferred
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud as well as Microsoft Office programs
- Strong portfolio of digital and print work
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including attention to grammatical detail, clarity, speed, and accuracy, as well as creative abilities to draft and develop fresh, original content
- Team player, willingness to take the initiative when needed, and works well independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Desire to mentor and teach fellow co-workers
- Ability to manage multiple projects while simultaneously meeting deadlines
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Substantial understanding of media and social media monitoring tools, i.e. Critical Mention, Meltwater, Brandwatch, Hootsuite, etc., is preferred
LSG is committed to attracting and hiring a diverse staff, one that honors employees’ experience, perspectives, and unique identity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Manager, Digital Communications” in the subject line of your email.
LSG is an impact agency that partners with clients to grow, evolve, and protect their brands and reputations. We develop integrated communications campaigns to amplify, measure, and harness the voices of people and communities to create meaningful impact. We work with corporations, trade associations, and nonprofits to change hearts and minds, move public opinion, and help brands connect to the public conscience in a rapidly changing environment. Our experts in brand building, corporate reputation management, and public affairs help solve the most complex communications challenges. With practices in strategic insights, stakeholder engagement, public relations, and community marketing, we are leaders in engaging diverse audiences in the U.S. and around the world to drive results and deliver impact. Founded in 2008, LSG is headquartered in Washington, DC and has offices in Boston, Denver, Houston, and New York.