Principal, Strategic Insights
LSG, an impact agency specializing in brand building, corporate reputation management, and public affairs, is seeking a Principal to join its strategic insights team to play a central role in its rapid growth.
The ideal candidate should be a highly-motivated, exceptionally hard-working individual with an interest in brand, marketing, and corporate reputation challenges. S/he will have excellent strategic thinking and interpersonal skills as well as extensive qualitative and quantitative consumer research experience delivering insights for corporate clients.
The Principal will work as a leader in the firm’s strategic insights practice that conducts all qualitative and quantitative research for firm clients with an emphasis on message testing, opinion research, creative testing, brand and reputation tracking, and campaign measurement and optimization. LSG provides an energetic, fast-paced work environment, and the Principal will work daily with senior staff and clients. Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial, poised, a team player, and possess excellent project management skills. S/he will be a fast learner, clear communicator and demonstrate excellent judgment working with teams, partners, and clients.
LSG is currently operating in a hybrid environment. This role will be based in Washington, DC.
- Assess and help solve complex brand, marketing, and corporate reputation challenges for new, current, and potential clients, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to leading industry trade associations leveraging multiple research methodologies
- Manage qualitative research projects from start-to-finish with responsibilities including, but not limited to, development of participant and moderator materials, moderating focus groups and conducting in-depth interviews, identifying and synthesizing key findings, developing actionable, strategic recommendations, and producing post-research analysis materials for clients
- Manage quantitative research projects from start-to-finish with responsibilities including, but not limited to, drafting and editing surveys, analyzing data and identifying key insights, developing actionable, strategic recommendations, and producing post-research analysis reports for clients
- Manage client teams and junior staff, serve as a trusted advisor and primary client point of contact, and manage client reporting, including the management of weekly reports, updates, and post-research materials
- Closely manage progress-to-goal on client accounts to ensure target objectives are on-track to be met and to identify areas of weakness/underperformance
- Participate in developing new business, including proposal drafting, client pitches, and relationship building
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Statistics, Political Science, or a related field from an accredited institution
- 7-10 years of prior experience at an agency in market research, polling, data analytics, communications, and/or marketing or in-house consumer insights at a corporation
- Strong research and analytics skills as well as keen attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience leading and conducting consumer market research to help guide and inform brand management, corporate positioning, and/or product marketing
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills with confidence and poise interacting, communicating, and presenting to clients, other consultants, and corporate executives
- Ability to work well as a team player in a collaborative environment as well as take initiative and work effectively independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects while simultaneously meeting deadlines
- Willingness to travel for client projects in the U.S. and abroad when needed
Locust Street Group is committed to attracting and hiring a diverse staff, one that honors employees’ experience, perspectives, and unique identity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Principal, Strategic Insights” in the subject line of your email.
LSG is an impact agency that partners with clients to grow, evolve, and protect their brands and reputations. We develop integrated communications campaigns to amplify, measure, and harness the voices of people and communities to create meaningful impact. We work with corporations, trade associations, and nonprofits to change hearts and minds, move public opinion, and help brands connect to the public conscience in a rapidly changing environment. Our experts in brand building, corporate reputation management, and public affairs help solve the most complex communications challenges. With practices in strategic insights, stakeholder engagement, public relations, and community marketing, we are leaders in engaging diverse audiences in the U.S. and around the world to drive results and deliver impact. Founded in 2008, LSG is headquartered in Washington, DC and has offices in Boston, Denver, Houston, and New York.