Locust Street Group (LSG) is seeking a Manager to join our rapidly growing team. The candidate will serve as a project manager for new and existing accounts.
Successful candidates must possess professional work experience in at least one of the following: (a) corporate public affairs and communications; (b) political affairs and issue advocacy; (c) corporate campaign/coalition management; or (d) corporate reputation and brand management.
This position is based in Houston, TX.
- Manage implementation and execution of integrated public affairs and communications projects with a focus on LSG’s exciting and growing business footprint in Houston and more broadly in the state of Texas.
- Portfolio will include a range of projects of various scopes and sizes across multiple industries related to corporate communications and public affairs initiatives, multi-state field and issue advocacy campaigns, grassroots/grasstops coalition-building, community outreach and engagement strategies, media relations, and/or political affairs campaigns.
- Maintain an active understanding of ongoing LSG clients and campaigns across the firm’s practice areas to be able to offer ongoing, relevant strategic support in coordination with LSG project leadership.
- Internalize the corporate goals and dynamics of client organizations, including intensive research to learn and develop expertise on new issues.
- Maintain and develop command of current events, corporate news and business developments, media/news narratives, legislative/regulatory issues, and other issues areas that have the potential to impact clients.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise on relevant business narratives and political/advocacy issues in Congress, the White House, state legislatures, regulatory agencies, and other public policy or issue advocacy topics.
- Support management of multi-state public affairs campaigns, which may include LSG public affairs, advocacy and communications subcontractors and teams. This may include multiple subcontractors and field teams operating simultaneously across multiple states/markets at one time.
- Staff clients for in-person events, meetings, and media engagements, etc.
- Nurture and grow relationships with clients.
- Support the development and delivery of client reporting (in writing and on calls), including the management of weekly reports, key metrics, and updates.
- Lead the development and/or execution plans for various communications materials, including messaging materials, talking points, and press materials such as media advisories, press releases, corporate statements, op-eds/LTEs, social media content, ad copy, etc.
- Collaborate with LSG team members, working together to delegate tasks, establish and meet project goals, and pitch-in to support the work product as part of a dynamic, fast-moving work environment.
- Participate and support the business development process, including brainstorming, writing, and editing of LSG strategic plans and proposals to prospective clients.
- Support LSG new business and marketing efforts by attending events, receptions, and conferences/industry events, where and when asked.
- Mentor, support, and collaborate with LSG team members to support broader business development goals, objectives, and processes.
- Ability to show applicable experience (at least 3-5 years).
- Exceptional writing skills. This position will support the writing and development of various communications and content materials, including proposals, PowerPoints, messaging materials, talking points, letters, op-eds/LTEs, social media content, media advisories, press releases, and corporate statements.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Self-Accountable + Collaborative. Demonstrated ability to operate as a self-starter and independently, achieving assigned responsibilities on or ahead of deadlines, while delivering the highest-quality work product. While self-accountability is essential, so is collaboration and team building. This role will work day-to-day with diverse members of LSG’s team at all levels.
- Creativity. Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively, ensuring work product is relevant, inspiring, and impactful.
This position will be based in our Houston, TX office. LSG is operating in a hybrid work environment, with all staff working at least two days in the office every week (or more, if needed, by your team or LSG leadership). You may be expected to travel for client-work as needed.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include «Manager, Houston» as subject line.
About Locust Street Group
Locust Street Group is an integrated communications and public affairs firm, based in Washington, D.C. and with hub offices in Boston, Houston, New York, and Denver. We work with the world’s largest Fortune 500 companies and trade associations to help tackle some of the toughest public affairs challenges. With practices in advocacy, communications, research, and messaging, we are leaders in engaging diverse audiences in the U.S. and around the world with meaningful impact, including work in challenging political environments at the federal, state, and local levels. Learn more at LocustStreet.com.
Locust Street Group is committed to attracting and hiring a diverse staff, one that honors employees’ experience, perspectives, and unique identity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.