Services > Public Affairs
Leading Public Affairs Agency in Washington, DC
Unlock the full potential of your brand's message and propel it to new heights.
At LSG, we understand companies are facing more and more complex and dynamic operational challenges that can impact their reputation. Addressing these challenges requires a holistic approach, much like a political campaign, that combines strategic planning, pressure-tested messaging, disciplined communications strategies, meaningful community engagement, and locally-based advocacy and mobilization to proactively manage complex reputational challenges.
Creating an impact for over 15 years.
We bring together diverse and exceptional talent to help our clients achieve their goals.
"*" indicates required fields
Frequently Asked Questions
A public affairs agency is a specialized firm that provides strategic counsel and services to clients, assisting them in managing their interactions with the public and stakeholders. These agencies help clients navigate complex political and social environments by creating and implementing strategic communication and advocacy strategies.
Their services include public relations, government relations, issue management, lobbying, stakeholder engagement, and reputation management. Their goal is to shape policies, influence public opinion, and achieve desired outcomes. The primary objective of a public affairs agency is to effectively communicate and advocate for clients’ interests while fostering positive relationships.
Public affairs and public relations are related, but different fields, with unique objectives and target audiences. Public relations focuses on managing an organization’s reputation through communication channels, building positive relationships with the media and the public.
Public affairs, on the other hand, involves strategic management of relationships with government, policymakers, and stakeholders to shape public policy and influence decision-making. While there can be overlap, public relations emphasizes reputation management and strategic communications, while public affairs centers on government relations and advocacy.
- When selecting a public affairs firm, consider the following:
- Expertise and Experience: Look for firms experienced in your industry and with a successful track record in managing public affairs campaigns.
- Understanding of Stakeholder Landscape: Ensure the firm understands your industry’s stakeholders, including government entities, policymakers, and community groups.
- Strategic Thinking and Counsel: Seek a firm that offers tailored strategic advice to position your organization, shape public opinion, and navigate complex landscapes.
- Strong Communication Skills: Evaluate the firm’s ability to craft persuasive messages and deliver them effectively through various channels.
- Advocacy and Lobbying Capabilities: If important to your goals, ensure the firm has experience and skills in advocacy and lobbying.
- Reputation and References: Research the firm’s reputation and seek references or case studies.